Meyer Natural Peppered Beef Tenderloin with Shiitake Sauce recipe
Prep Time: 20 M
Cook Time: 30 M
Meyer Natural Tenderloin Steaks
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh shiitake mushrooms
Finely chopped shallots
Dry red wine
Low-salt beef broth
Chopped fresh thyme
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine, beef broth and thyme; cook, stirring often 10 minutes or until reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Melt remaining tablespoon margarine in a large ovenproof skillet and add steaks.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side. Bake at 350° for 8 to 15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with shiitake sauce and garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Calories 174; Fat Content 7G; Protein Content 19G; Fiber Content 0G; Iron 2MG; Sodium Content 427MG;